NNA – (Agence France Presse) Tunisia said it started deploying armed police around tourist sites on Wednesday after last week’s massacre at a beach resort, as authorities finished identifying all 38 people killed in the jihadist attack.
Britain said it was transporting home eight bodies of its nationals killed in the assault, with Tunisia’s health ministry confirming that 30 Britons were among the dead.
On Friday, a student identified as 23-year-old Seifeddine Rezgui went on a bloody rampage in Port El Kantaoui, shooting 38 foreign tourists with a Kalashnikov assault rifle at the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba hotel in the popular resort.
“This morning, we started to deploy and armed police will be in hotels within the hour,” interior ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told AFP.
Security officials “are busy deploying at Hammamet,” a seaside resort in the south of Tunis, he added. (AFP)