PRETORIA– South African International Relations and Co-operation Minister Lindiwe Sisulu will travel to Lesotho after Easter to personally apologise to King Letsie III for the treatment he received at a border post between Lesotho and South Africa.
Lesotho Minister of Foreign Affairs Lesego Makgothi said Wednesday the King’s vehicles had been searched while he was held for an hour at the border. This comes amidst complaints on social media about service delivery at the border posts by disgruntled frequent travellers.
They say border officials have deliberately slowed down service, and Lesotho passports are destroyed when travellers overstay because of the delays.
Makgothi says South African Home Affairs (Interior) Minister Malusi Gigaba will assess the situation at the border posts over the next few days.
Lesotho is a landlocked country which is completely surrounded by South Africa.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK