Department of Employment and Labour gears for virtual hosting of Employment Equity workshops across the country
As part of its national stakeholder engagement the Department of Employment and Labour’s Employment Equity (EE) Directorate will be conducting the 2020 Employment Equity Roadshows in the form of workshops throughout the nine provinces.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 in the country and the world, the Department of Employment & Labour is set to host its annual employment equity workshops through Virtual Microsoft Teams in each of the nine provinces under the theme: “Real transformation makes business sense”.
This year’s national series workshops/roadshows have been streamlined for each province to have a single session. The virtual workshops will start with the Northern Cape province on 05 October 2020. The workshops will end on 20 October 2020 with the stakeholders in Gauteng Province.
The objective of the workshops will be:
• To publicise the status of employment equity in each province as reflected in the 20th Commission for Employment Equity (CEE) Annual Report; and
• To solicit public comments on the published Draft Code of Good on the Prevention and Elimination of Violence and Harassment in the World of Work.
• To advocate for online EE reporting.
The target audience for the virtual workshops includes but not limited to: employer and their employer’s organisations; human resources executives and practitioners; EE Forum members; assigned senior managers/transformation managers, academics; employees and trade unions; labour relations practitioners; and civil society organisations among others.
The Department will send an invitation to each province in order for the stakeholders to access the Virtual Microsoft Teams link before the actual workshop.
The schedule of the planned Virtual workshops will be as follows:
• Northern Cape – Monday, 05 October 2020
• North West – Wednesday, 07 October 2020
• Mpumalanga – Friday, 09 October 2020
• Limpopo – Monday, 12 October 2020
• Free State – Tuesday, 13 October 2020
• KwaZulu-Natal – Thursday, 15 October 2020
• Eastern Cape – Friday, 16 October 2020
• Western Cape – Monday, 19 October 2020
• Gauteng – Tuesday, 20 October 2020
The national workshops will be held from 10:00am – 12:00-midday.
The workshops also aim to create awareness on compliance with the Employment Equity Act, share the most current information and help prepare employers to submit accurate EE reports.
Source: Government of South Africa