RUNDU: A woman and her one-year-old son died gruesomely after the hut which they were sleeping in caught fire at the Mcezo village on Saturday evening.
The village is situated some 70 kilometres south of Rundu.
The Namibian Police Force (NamPol)’s acting Crime Investigations’ Co-ordinator for the Kavango Region, Detective Inspector Chrispin Mubebo said most of their belongings were also reduced to ashes.
The fire is suspected to have been caused by a burning candle, and no foul play is suspected.
The deceased were identified as Theresia Sitentu, age unknown, and her son Petrus Hamusira.