SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE NAB FIFTH SUSPECT IN CANNIBALISM CASE

DURBAN, The South African police in KwaZulu-Natal province have arrested a fifth suspect linked to a bizarre cannibalism case at Estcourt, about 175 kilometres northwest of here, in the KwaZulu-Natal midlands.

The 32-year-old suspect was arrested at his home after an intensive investigation, the police said Thursday. Four of his co-accused appeared in court earlier this week on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

The arrests came after a man handed himself over to police at the weekend claiming he was tired of eating human flesh and produced female body parts as proof.

Police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbhele said all five would formally apply for bail on Monday.

We still appeal to the members of the community who have their people missing to please go to the police station at Estcourt and they will get their directives from there. Although we have some families who came to the police station and samples were taken from them, she said.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK