Pretoria – President Jacob Zuma has appointed members to the National Consumer Tribunal, whose term of office will become effective from 1 July.
President Jacob Zuma has, in terms of section 26 (3) of the National Credit Act, 2005, appointed members to the National Consumer Tribunal (NCT) for a period of five years, effective from 1 July 2017 until 30 June 2022, said the Presidency on Wednesday.
The President has appointed the following members to the National Consumer Tribunal:
1) Prof Joseph Mandla Maseko (Executive Chairperson)
2) Ms Laura Anne Best (Deputy Chairperson)
3) Mr Lulama Andisa Potwana
4) Ms Diane Reinette Terblanche
5) Adv Frans Kgolela Manamela
6) Mr Xolela Christopher May
7) Ms Penelope Anne Beck-Paxton
8) Prof Tanya Woker
9) Adv Hope Fiona Neo Sephoti
10) Prof Bonke Clayton Dumisa
11) Mr Fungai Khumbulani Sibanda
12) Ms Nomfundo Sylvia Maseti
13) Ms Maleho Margaret Nkomo
14) Prof Kasturi Moodaliyar
15) Dr Maria Claudina Du Toit
16) Mr Lehlohonolo Lucky Rabotapi
17) Mr Trevor Albert Bailey
President Zuma congratulated all the members and wished them well in their new responsibilities.
The National Consumer Tribunal, which is an independent adjudicative entity, was established in terms of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (the NCA).
The Tribunal derives its mandate from the NCA and as such, hears all sides of a case before making a decision. A decision by the Tribunal has the same status as one made by a High Court.
Source: South African Government News Agency