KAMANJAB: An inquest docket numbered 04/2012 has been filed at Kamanjab Police station after a one year and eight month baby girl died as a result of burning wounds from hot water.
It is alleged in the police crime report issued on Monday that the baby girl died an unnatural death on Friday morning at farm Engelbreght in the Kamanjab area around 10H00.
The police report states that the baby girl burned in a small bucket of hot water that was unattended to outside the house where the baby was also playing at the time of the accident on 17 August this year.
The mother of the deceased girl left her outside playing while two male farm workers were observing her, while she was working in the house.
“The mother of the late baby come out of the house when the baby was crying and when she asked the two men what happened to the baby, she was informed that the sibling burned from the hot water that were left unattended to in the bucket,” stated the report.
At that moment the baby was rolling in the sand and when the mother picked her up and took out the cloths the late baby sustained serious wounds on the back, buttocks and stomach area according to the police statement.
The baby was rushed to the Outjo hospital where she was admitted and treated for almost a month before she was released with some wounds in the healing process while some were still not near to healing. The baby died on Friday (21 September this year) around 01H00. The late baby’s name was Quitorin Katoma.
No arrest was made and investigation continues.
KAMANJAB: A 20-month-old toddler died here on Friday from burn wounds caused by hot water.
A Kamanjab Namibian Police crime report issued on Monday stated that the baby girl died at Farm Engelbreght in the Kamanjab area around 01h00.
Baby Quitorin Katoma sustained the burn wounds on 17 August this year, after she was unexplainably burned by hot water from a bucket left unattended outside their house.
The mother of the deceased girl left her playing outside around 10h00 with two farm workers watching over her.
“The mother came out of the house when the baby was crying, and when she asked the two men what happened, she was informed that the baby burned from the hot water that was left unattended in the bucket,” stated the report.
The toddler sustained serious wounds to her back, buttocks and stomach, and was rushed to the Outjo State Hospital, where she was admitted and treated for almost a month before she was discharged.
She allegedly died from her wounds.
No arrest was made, and investigations continue.