Investments support the expansion of the Dieppe Industrial Park
April 17, 2015 – Dieppe, NB – Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Phase 2 of the expansion of the Dieppe Industrial Park is a step closer to completion, thanks to investments by the Government of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick.
Robert Goguen, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Member of Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency); the Honourable Brian Gallant, Premier of New Brunswick and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Shediac Bay-Dieppe; and the Honourable Roger Melanson, Minister of Finance, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Dieppe; joined Expansion Dieppe Inc. officials today to make the announcement.
The funding will assist with the costs of engineering plans, designs and specifications including quotes for the construction budget for the Phase 2 expansion of the Dieppe Industrial Park.
The federal and provincial governments are each contributing $250,000 towards the project.
- Phase 2 includes the extension of Aviation Avenue south of the TransCanada Highway, which will provide approximately 100 acres of land for commercial or industrial development.
- The Government of Canada’s investment is made possible through ACOA’s Business Development Program.
- Expansion Dieppe is the City of Dieppe’s land development agency. Its goal is to ensure that land development in Dieppe occurs in a timely and efficient manner by providing vital information, seeking partnerships and acting as a facilitator for property development and investments through advice, expertise, support and strategic site data.
“Our Government’s investment in Expansion Dieppe Inc. will help the organization move forward with plans for the expansion of the Dieppe Industrial Park. The extension of Aviation Avenue will create greater business and economic growth opportunities for Dieppe and the surrounding area.”
– Robert Goguen, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and Member of Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (ACOA)
“Job creation is our focus in New Brunswick. Our government is investing in the expansion of the Dieppe Industrial Park to foster the right conditions for economic growth and job creation in the region and in the province.”
– The Honourable Brian Gallant, Premier of New Brunswick and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Shediac Bay-Dieppe
“We are very pleased with the federal and provincial governments’ contribution to the expansion plans for Dieppe Industrial Park. The plans for the construction of phase 2 demonstrate how this section of the city is teeming with activity. The sale of lots in phase 1, completed in 2010‑2011, was successful, with more than 80 per cent of lots sold or under negotiation. Planning for phase 2 will allow us to have more lots ready to accommodate the investments of entrepreneurs’ in order to pursue our goal of a thriving, sustained and diversified economy in our municipality.”
– Yvon Lapierre, Mayor of Dieppe