The Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on State Funerals led by the Minister in the Presidency, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, met on the 06 April 2018 and wishes to provide the following update:
1. On Tuesday the 10th of April 2018, the IMC will hold a media briefing to update the nation on the logistical details of the Official Memorial Service. The venue and time of the media briefing will be communicated in due course.
2. Both the Memorial and Funeral service will be held at Orlando Stadium. The Memorial Service will take place on the 11th April and the Funeral Service will take place on the 14th April 2018. The Burial will take place at Fourways Memorial Park Cemetery.
3. Whilst organising the memorial services, the IMC urges officials to strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of financial management policies.
4. Guidelines, rules and regulations of financial management for the memorial services have been sent to all provinces and municipalities by the Minister of Cogta.
5. From Monday the 09th April 2018, a schedule of memorial events taking place countrywide will be placed on the GCIS website.
6. Members of the media can collect their accreditation from 08 April 2018 at Nasrec Station.
7. Condolence books are available at the following points:
International Ports of Entry (airports)
DIRCO Head Office at the OR Tambo Building in Pretoria
The Union Buildings
Department of Arts and Culture
Department of Communication (GCIS Head office)
All Provincial Legislatures
All Premier’s Offices
Masilonyana Local Municipality offices, Brandfort
Mbizana Local Municipality
KSD Local Municipality, Mthatha
Source: Government of South Africa