President Jacob Zuma has constituted a Presidential Youth Working Group Task Team made up of Deputy Ministers who will be responsible for coordinating and championing interventions to promote youth development across government.
The Task Team will support the President in his work of championing youth development within government and in his interface with the youth through forums including the Presidential Youth Working Group which will be convened in June for an inaugural meeting. The Presidential Youth Working Group will comprise the Deputy Ministers and representatives of youth formations.
The Presidential Youth Task Team comprises the following Deputy Ministers:
1. Mr Buti Manamela: The Presidency: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (Chairperson)
2. Mr Enver Surty: Basic Education
3. Mr Mduduzi Manana: Higher Education
4. Ms Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams: Communications
5. Mr Andries Nel: Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
6. Dr Joe Phaahla: Health
7. Mr Jeremy Cronin: Public Works
8. Mr Bheki Cele: Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
9. Ms Rejoice Mabudafhasi: Arts and Culture
10. Mr Mcebisi Skwatsha: Rural Development and Land Reform
11. Ms Elizabeth Thabethe: Small Business Development
12. Ms Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu: Social Development
13. Mr Gert Oosthuizen: Sport and Recreation and
14. Mr Mzwandile Masina: Trade and Industry
“I wish all Deputy Ministers all the best with this new critical task”, said President Zuma.
Issued by: The Presidency
Source : South African Government