REMAINS OF SOUTH AFRICAN SOLIDER KILLED IN DRC BROUGHT HOME
The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) says it is preparing to receive Friday the remains of the late rifleman who died in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) last week.
Moalosi Albert Mokhothu, 27, died during a gun fight with rebels while serving as a member of the Force Intervention Brigade (FIB) of the United Nations Stabilisation Mission in the Congo (MONSCO) which is responsible of ensuring peace and stability in the eastern part of the DRC.
The SANDF will receive and hand over his mortal remains to his family on Friday during a ceremonial parade that will be held at Air Force Base Waterkloof (near Pretoria). The acting Chief of the SANDF, Lieutenant-General Zimpande Msimang, accompanied by the Chief of the South African Army, Lieutenant-General Lindile Yam, will officiate as the main functionaries during the ceremonial parade, SANDF Spokesperson Brigadier-General Xolani Mabanga said Wednesday.
Mabanga added that the SANDF would inscribe his name on the Wall of Remembrance and acknowledge him as a hero who paid the ultimate price while contributing towards peace, stability and prosperity in the continent.
This gallant soldier performed duties not only for the benefit of the people of the Republic of South Africa but for the entire African continent. Therefore, his death was definitely not in vain.
Affectionately known as “Bushi” by his colleagues and friends, Mokhothu always wanted to become a successful paratrooper and to fulfil his childhood aspiration of becoming a Presidential close-protector in future.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK