Biography of Minister Michel Pharaon
The National News Agency publishes a brief review of Planning Affairs Minister Michel Pharaon:
– Born in Beirut in June 1959.
– He obtained his degree in economics and business administration at Saint Joseph University and completed his graduate studies in Paris.
– Married to Mona Tannous and father of three children.
– He established a business career in Lebanon, the Arab world and West Africa.
– He is a member of the Board of Directors of LBC group, MedNet, Journal of Commerce du Levant and the French-language daily L’Orient le Jour.
– An ally of Rafik Hariri, Pharaon was elected as MP of Beirut for the Greek Catholic seat from 1996 until the assassination of Hariri. He then continued his alliance with the Future Movement and was elected again in 2005.
– He was appointed Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs in 2000 and 2005.
– Member of March 14 Camp.
– He was appointed Minister of State for Administrative Development in 2009.
– He was appointed Minister of Tourism in Prime Minister Tammam Salam’s Cabinet on February 15, 2014.
Source: National News Agency